Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

We kicked off this year’s Christmas festivities with an ugly sweater party at Uncle Kellan & Aunt Stacy’s Friday night.  Because it was last minute and I didn’t have time to put something really creative and horrible together, I figured my mom and dad should have something spiffy that we could borrow!  I think my mom was actually pretty flattered at first when I asked her if Blaine & I could borrow something from their closets!  Then I told her it was for an ugly sweater party!  Sorry Mom!  Sure enough, my dad had a great 20-year old happy skier shirt and my mom had a super snazzy “ho ho ho” Christmas sweater vest (pictured below!)

009066l

I began the next day (Christmas Eve) with a 20 mile run (my longest and LAST long run before the marathon!)  A huge thanks to my hubby who rode next to me on the bike for the entire run and helped me to finish all in one piece!  That evening was then spent at Blaine’s cousin Melanie’s house for their annual Morris soup exchange.  I didn’t have to make a soup this year and just brought one of my rum cakes.  It was a fun evening had by all!  While Colbie was completely wiped out by the time we got her in the car to head home, we were able to spend one last evening bidding our farewells to Mr. Tall (our elf) and leave a handful of cookies and milk out for Santa with Grayson before we hit the sack…..actually, before Grayson hit the sack!  Mommy and Daddy may have had to stay up a while longer for last minute preparations!!

The Morris Family soup exchange party.

012068063 

Christmas morning was spent at our house.  The kids actually let us sleep in till 7:30….not that I did!  I felt like a kid myself….I wasn’t able to sleep much and was up, ready and had my coffee by 6:30!  Santa was very good to all of us!  He brought Grayson his very own “big boy” tool set and also brought Grayson and Colbie a trampoline!  Grammy & Papa joined us for the fun that morning.  Stacy and Kellan stopped by later that morning and might of brought by the biggest surprise of all!  They gave Grayson his very first, very REAL hamster, which he has named Billy!  I’m not sure who was more shocked….Grayson or Blaine!  Stacy gave me a little heads up a few nights before.  While we are adjusting to Billy”s midnight wheel exercises, Grayson is loving being his “Daddy” and it will be a fun new addition to our already crazy family!  Chase and Skyler are also (not surprisingly) super fascinated with Mr. Billy!

018040

Even Chasey got a new toy!

052016069

Christmas evening was spent at my parents house with my brother and Kim, DeeDee, Dale, Dorothy and my cousin Reed.  More delicious food, conversation and gift exchanges.

065

Luckily I was off on Monday, but back to work yesterday and now, I am so happy to be off again through New Year’s, as all the fun, parties and “turboness” is finally catching up with me.  Once again, I am feeling under-the-weather Sad smile.  

I am so happy to finish this post and FINALLY print out my first blog-to-book for our family!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe and happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment