Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Brian Head 2015!

076

Such an awesome family tradition we’ve kept up for almost 25 years!  Thank you Grammy & Papa for keeping the tradition going and for all the fun and special memories that it’s given us!

Snow boots… check!  Glasses on upside down… check!

038037

Perfect first day for sledding, snowball fights and a few beers!

039041043044

Oh, and some Kenny G and a smoochy!  047

Jedders’ first time touching snow! He wasn’t so sure about it!

045

Kids first day of ski school! 

059060

This was Colbie’s first time skiing.  She was definitely a little more timid than Grayson, but she hung in there both days and started to get the hang of it.  By the end of the second day, I was able to take her on the lift and down the hill a couple of times.  Our little snow bunny was a trooper and did awesome!

084068069

Grayson was a little dare devil this year… going on the bigger lift and really getting the hang of turning.  I got to do a couple runs with him as well.  I told him to lead the way and he ended up taking me through the “trees!” on an icy, slippery, steep and curvy TRAIL!  Pretty soon I’m not going to be able to hang with this kid!

072086062

Being that this was the highest altitude we had ever taken Jed, we were a little timid about his oxygen levels.  We checked him regularly and although they ran a little lower than his norm, he seemed to do just great!   He took super long naps (which was a plus!) and and while the snow was fun for him initially, he seemed to enjoy just hanging back in the warm cabin.

081079

Aunt Stacy’s adorable jammies kept our little bucks and deer warm and cozy on our trip!

075

Ryan and I were the only ones crazy enough to go out the last day!  I’ve never seen so much snow in my life!  We learned very quickly “we no likey the powder!”  Our boards got stuck every which way and I ended up walking down the entire run knee deep in powder.  I was in full survival mode!  It was a crazy experience, but I think I’ll go for a hot chocolate by the fireplace next time it snows like this!

090091093094

This is what the rest of the clan did while Ryan and I were lost in the blizzard! 

001004005006

Because of the heavy snow and the ice predicted for the next morning, we decided to head out Saturday afternoon.  Minus coming inches from hitting a car stuck in the middle of the road because our breaks flat out would work, the rest of the trip went pretty smoothly!  The kids even slept the entire second half of the trip! For an eight hour trip, they were good little travellers!

097098101102

Some other pictures from February.  It’s been crazy month… so so much going on…I will fill everyone in on things soon :)

Jed’s first bike ride!

001002

Had a super fun triple date night with these two gals at Jack and Rosies for my Birthday!  I’m pretty sure I would have felt a whole lot better the next day had we stopped there, but we ended up moving the party on over to Red’s like we were 25 again!  It was all worth it though!

003005007013

That same night, three adorable, slightly drunk love monkeys showed up to wish the kids a Happy Valentines Day!!

018

My new jogging buddy!  Grayson has gone on a couple of 3-4 mile runs with me now.  So fun having a buddy and getting to catch up with my biggest!  G also gave this to me for my birthday.  Such a sweetheart!

019020

Soccer Saturdays!  Only two games left!!

022024

Our little gardeners have grown some beautiful green beans, carrots and tomatoes so far!

027034

We have the best neighborhood in the world!  This is what it looks like outside our house on any typical day…. anywhere between 5 and 12 kids (all between the ages of 1 and 8) playing on the quads, playing baseball, soccer, riding bikes….ect.  Even Chase has a buddy named Copper just two doors down.  He actually got to have a slumber party with him while we were away on our trip!

032036

These two crazy cats always keep me on my toes!!

030033

No comments:

Post a Comment