Wednesday, March 6, 2013

BRIANHEAD, UTAH FAMILY SKI TRIIP 2013

009

We just returned Sunday from our second family trip to Brian Head, UT.  We were all able to take almost a week off together with my parents and my brother and sister-in-law for some quality family time, skiing, snowboarding, sledding, tubing and enjoying tons of snow and sunshine!  Grayson was a natural on ski’s for the first time! Made us so proud and was such an awesome experience to be able to ski down the slopes with my son!  He seriously wore me out!  I took him out of his ski camp early on Friday because I was so eager to hang out with him and check out his new skills.  After six runs in less than and hour with him, I was pooped!  He didn’t want to stop!

005066013019065069070073

By the time I got to ski with him on Friday, he was so excited to tell me that he had graduated from the “little wormie” which was the noodle-like device that they use to hold their ski’s together.  He showed me that he could stop and turn all by himself!  He also told me how I need to have my hands on my hips when I ski.  I did (for him!), ditched my poles, and I’m sure I looked pretty cool too!  He also showed me the proper technique of getting up when you fall.  I was such a proud and eager parent that I said “that’s right Grayson” and quickly joined him by getting into the “fall” position to show him that I too could get back up when I fall.   Several struggles later…. “Ummm, hang on just a sec Grayson…. hey, do you think you could give me a hand?!”  God, I'm getting old!

Here’s a short video of the little stud!

084081082088

Although Colbie was a little young to ski this year, she did enjoy the snow and especially loved running up and down the stairs in the cabin!  Here we are sledding!

087090015095

The last day before we went home, Grayson and I went tubing (you can see in the picture above).  Although I did do this with him, I’ve realized over the years what a big weenie I’ve become!  I used to LOVE thrill rides like this, and yet, my heart was racing and I had a pit in my stomach before we did this!  Grayson, on the other hand, couldn’t get enough of it, and once again, he totally wore me out!  Maybe this is make up time for all those years I made my dad go on Montezuma’s Revenge a gazillion times and convinced him that we needed to go sky diving!

097101141120119133

Everyone really seemed to have a blast!  Thank you again Grammy and Papa for an awesome family vacation together! 

161

Just some other pictures to share from before our trip.  Birthday dinner with the family at Outback!

001

Lots of Birthdays celebrated last month and we couldn’t forget Chasers, who turned seven on February 15th!  Despite the fact that he drives us nuts these days with his spastic behavior and massive destruction to the house when we leave him alone, we still love him to pieces…..sometimes!!  We spent the morning making him a real dog birthday cake (a recipe I found online) and the kids got a kick out of decorating and getting all there stuffed animal friends out to join the party!  Chase, by the way, devoured the cake!

005008112014011

Although the kids were home with me on Valentines Day, I took them to school so they could part take in their V-day parties!  While we did Valentine treats for both Grayson and Colbie, we spent the majority of time in Grayson’s class.  I got to help the teachers pass out all the healthy party foods, which consisted of chicken nuggets, cheetos, fruit snacks, cupcakes, cookies, gummie worms, chees puffs and anything else that could possibly give you a tummy ache!  Yummy!

102103105107

This is one of Grayson’s best buds at school…. Brady Byrd!

108

Grayson continues to enjoy soccer these days!  It’s been a fun past time for the family on Saturdays.  Colbie insists that she too is on the team and runs across the field to the team bench at the end of the game to line up for her well-earned drink and snack bag!

023026115117028

We got to hang out with Allysia’s adorable kiddos a couple weeks ago.  Made a trip to jump up and also hung out at Becca’s for lunch and a play date.

037044031

This is our crazy goof-ball-of-a-son trying on a diaper and acting like a baby!

155

Another crazy-busy week, but all is good.  Off to Phoenix tomorrow at the crack of dawn for the AZ Dental Convention! 

1 comment: