Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Colbie Elaine!

 

My sweet, goofy, stubborn, chatty, smart, outgoing, stubborn, animated, loving, bossy, stubborn, beautiful little girl is TWO today!  I love you Colbie with all my heart! xoxoxoxo

069

Making cupcakes yesterday… There was definitely more icing & sprinkles that went in the mouth than on the actual cupcakes! 

013021

Ta-da!

023022

Since the boys were still out of town, I had a little “princess” lunch for Colbie, as today is the official day she turns TWO! 

024025028029

“Sailor,” her cabbage patch doll joined us for lunch!

040043045046047

Having a chat with her Great Grandma DeeDee!

051056

Four generations…… just couldn’t get the Birthday girl to look at the camera!

057

Although Colbie was the only child at her luncheon, she was sure surrounded by a bunch of goofy & entertaining grown-ups!  I think the adults enjoyed the glasses, tiaras and princess play more than the Birthday Girl!

061

Dancing with Mama!

068

This “Hunter!” 

This has been Grayson’s new nickname for the past several weeks, as he has been gearing up for his big hunt with Dada.  Blaine got drawn for elk up near Payson and has been planning this trip for some time now.  Blaine left last Wednesday and Buddy took “Hunter” up Friday. The boys returned today safe and sound and with a trophy…...the first for Blaine!  Letting Grayson go on this trip definitely made me nervous and the site of Blaine’s “trophy” today made me cry.  I don’t think I’ll ever truly understand hunting as a hobby.  However, I am really happy for Blaine, as he was super excited about this trip and really doesn’t get excited about much, and Grayson had an absolute blast exploring cooler country and hanging with the boys.

006

Apparently Hunter is good luck too!  Still want to cry every time I look at these pictures :(

photo (2)1

A few weeks ago, Grayson comes to me and says, “Mama, when Dada bangs an elk, we gotta find a wall to put the head on.”  I tried not to laugh and told him that we just don’t have the space and won’t be putting it in the house.  Moments later, he drags me into our bedroom and points to a wall where our wedding pictures hang and said, “Mama, I found a wall with space!”  Oh Lord, please help me!

photo (2)

Happy the boys are home safe and sound!  And Mr. Chase missed his brother too!

002

1 comment:

  1. We're cracking up over here about Grayson your new interior decorator. Maybe you should put it in his room!

    ReplyDelete