Saturday, December 29, 2012

CHRISTMAS 2012!

Lots of pictures to share.  This is my last post before I can print another book for our family!  We had another wonderful Christmas.  I basically feel like we’ve been celebrating almost every night with some event or dinner party for the past two weeks, so as fun as it’s been, I am also wiped out and happy it’s all over! 

Grayson’s school had a little Christmas performance at the Christmas Village last Thursday, where we were able to meet Santa.  Although Colbie was not too thrilled about sitting on Santa’s lap this year, it still doesn’t beat her brother’s desperate cry for help a few years ago when meeting Santa!

img026

Now that’s a bunch of goofy looking bank robbers!

img027

Grayson is actually wearing Uncle Ryan’s corduroy jacket from when he was a little boy! 

023

Fixing Grayson up for a photo op!

028

Buddies!

029

Watching big brother perform his three Christmas songs with Grammy & Papa!  It was FREEZING this night!

031

Tall has been quite generous this year.  This particular morning, we found him hanging from our fan and brought us the Elf on the Shelf movie!

016

A little play date with the gang before Christmas.

005

Off to Church last Sunday!

007004

Christmas at Buddy & Susan’s Monday with Blaine’s immediate family.  Buddy & Susan with some of the Grandkids!

021

Grayson with Aunt Stacy.

013016

This kiddos with Great Grandma Morris.

018

Aunt Stacy & Uncle Kellan gave Grayson a bow & arrow for Christmas!

023026

Grayson & Madysin

028

The next night we had the annual Morris Family Christmas Eve soup exchange.  Another nice evening out at Blaine’s cousin, Melanie’s house. 

Here is Great Grandma Morris with only a portion of her great grandkids!SONY DSC

This gives you an idea of how big Blaine’s family is, especially being that there were at least 14 people missing!

SONY DSC

Making chocolate gingerbread houses with the kids……yummy!!

SONY DSC

Tall bid us all farewell the morning of Christmas eve with this note!  We miss him already!

030

….AND SANTA CAME!!!

035038

This was by far Grayson’s favorite gift this year!  He’s already had Dada drill a hole in the back for a trailer hitch so he can haul stuff or maybe pull sister if her jeep gets stuck in the mud!!

039

And this was Colbie’s favorite gift by far!  This was a re-gifted singing Santa from DeeDee which she always loves to play with when we go to visit.  I wish we had her opening this on video because she went absolutely CRAZY!  She started dancing and clapping and singing along “Santa Claus is coming to town!”  I have to hide it from her because she will play it all day and unfortunately there is no volume control!

042046

Grammy and Papa joined us for the gift opening fun!

041

Watch out neighbors!  There are some crazy drivers on the loose!

049

We can’t forget Chasers…. wearing his “Nice” shirt! 

051

Then off to my parent’s for Christmas dinner with my family!

055056058059060

I just want to wrap this all up by saying how grateful I am for my friends, my family and the love that surrounds us.  With everything going on in the world today, we really have very little to complain about.  The most recent elementary school shooting has to have been one of the biggest, most horrendous wake up calls for all of us.  Life is entirely too short and too fragile and events like that just don’t make any sense at all.  My heart goes out to all those suffering right now.  This awful tragedy has made me take a closer look at what I DO have and realize how lucky I am to have such an incredible husband and two beautiful children that I get to hug every night before I go to bed.  I’ve definitely taken life for granted at times and I vow to cherish what I do have and enjoy the little moments more.  I wish that for everyone.  Here’s to a Happy Healthy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment