Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mr. Funny and Miss Independent!

002009


Kids sure say the darndest things! Last Friday when my mom was here watching the kids, Grayson said another “funny” that I have to write down before I forget. My mom and Grayson were sitting in Grayson’s room looking out the window and he was eagerly watching for Papa to pull in. They were sitting at the edge of his bed with their feet on the floor and hands on their knees. Grayson then looks over at Grammy’s legs and then back at his and says, “your wegs are big Grammy…… my wegs are wittle……when I’m bigger, I’ll have big wegs like you.” My mom says, “yes Grayson, you’re right,Grammy’s legs are bigger and one day when you’re bigger, you’re legs will be big too!” He then looks at Grammy’s legs again and pats her thigh and then does the same to his and says, “Your wegs are jiggly Grammy…..my wegs aren’t jiggly, my wegs are hard!” “Yes Grayson, and thank you for that compliment……Grammy’s legs are big AND jiggly!” my mom says! Yea, I don’t think I have to worry about Grayson running off with the ladies too early with his brutal honesty!


Ok, while I’m on the subject, I’ll have to share one more…..and I’m sure Grayson and Blaine can kill me later for writing this, but it was too funny. Grayson was using the potty (actually he just uses a toilet now and has for a while, but we still call it a potty)….anyhow, he had my mom go in with him and as he starts to pee, he proudly tells her that one day, when he’s bigger, something of his is going to be a lot “wonger” “wike dada’s!” My mom of course just nods and agrees and tries to keep from busting up laughing so she doesn’t embarrass him! Boy cracks me up!


Here’s a preview of Grayson’s Halloween costume this year. He’s actually worn it around the house several times already! Also a picture of Grayson making Halloween sugar cookies last Sunday…..I’m pretty sure more frosting and sprinkles ended up on the floor and in his mouth than on the actual cookies!


007005


006003008


Onto Miss “Toby Wayne!” My baby girl is breaking my heart and shocking me at the same time! As of last Friday morning, she has given up nursing altogether….suddenly and completely. At first, I blamed the fact that she was teething, has had a cold and thought maybe she even had an ear infection. I kept trying and continued to pump, thinking it was just some strange circumstance, but after 5 days and what felt like an eternity for me, I just realized that she was over it and was apparently ready to move on! It just shocked me because she was always very easy when it came to nursing, never had any problems before and there was no warning what-so-ever. I even remember telling Blaine that I thought she would be even harder to wean than Grayson and just figured it would be on my terms (not hers!) when I was ready to stop…….well, think again! It was like she just woke up one morning and decided “I’m a big girl now mama!” “I don’t need you anymore!” So, can I just say that pumping all day and trying to bottle feed a baby that gave up the bottle months ago is pretty miserable. We let her drink out of sippy cups too, but she usually only sips throughout the day and doesn’t seem to drink as much as she does when you finally get her to take the bottle. I’m going to try to continue this new fun routine till she’s 11 months (luckily just around the corner) and then “Toby,” you’re on your own with whole milk in a sippy!!


Now what is so ironic about all of this is that the same time that she gave up nursing, she has also started to sleep ENTIRELY through the night….. 6 nights in a row now! This is completely out of character for Colbie, as she usually always wakes 1-2…sometimes 3 or 4 times throughout the night. And she’s even let me put her down AWAKE a few times for bed or for her nap without any fuss (again completely unheard of for Colbie) On top of that, she has also started the beginning stages of walking…. taking a few more steps on her own each day! I definitely feel like she is growing up too fast…. little Miss Independent “do by-self” heartbreaker!


I love this picture below of Grayson & Carter. We were at a BBQ a couple weekends ago at the Goodwins and Carter & Colbie enjoyed chilling by the ice chest full of beer and water! Both of them sort of have that “CAUGHT” look!


And then Colbie going night night on the floor…..she does this all the time (she doesn’t really go to sleep!) but she will be crawling and then plops down on her belly & puts her head on her hand for a little while and then gets up and gets going again. She is a goofball!


004001


Sorry about the long post, but this is our baby book, so I try to write funny things down that I’ll want to remember Smile

1 comment:

  1. You keep your boy and his appendages away from my precious baby girls :-) Glad you're getting some sleep again!

    ReplyDelete