Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Denver

Well, we survived our trip to Denver!  And thank God for Reed (my cousin who joined us on the plane ride) because I honestly don’t think we could have done it without him!  I also think we may have ruined his chances of ever having kids after that trip! 

Grayson really was an awesome little traveller.   He did great on the trip and in his make-shift bed & adjusted well with all the new people and excitement.  Colbie, on the other hand, was not a happy camper on the plane and wanted NOTHING to do with the sitters that we had arranged for the night of the wedding.  There were two teenage sitters for 3 kids (2 of them mine), and it took the sitters’ mom coming over, followed by grandma, and then eventually dad to finally get her to calm down and stop crying after about 2 hours.  I felt like a horrible mom for not rushing back after being called three times at the wedding, but I was a good 45 minutes away and I knew she was in good hands and would eventually pass out…..EVENTUALLY that is!  I felt even worse for the poor sitters, as I could hear her screaming in the background every time they called!  Granted, I did leave the wedding fairly early and found her peacefully asleep by the time I got home…..with the sitter’s dad still there on stand by!  Oh, my stubborn little Colbie!  She wanted her Mama and she wanted her NOW!

At the Yuma airport the day we left for Denver…….the calm before the storm!  You can almost see it in her eyes!!

010

One of the first things Granny Annie couldn’t wait to teach Grayson was how to use the middle finger properly!

002007

The night of the rehearsal dinner.  Check out the elk behind Grayson & I!

006004001005003

The flower girl brought some of her toys to the rehearsal dinner and was sweet enough to share her doll with Colbie.  I have never seen Colbie so excited!  It was like watching a baby on crack…..she was shaking it, kissing it, licking it, biting it…..all sweet acts of love!

012013

The wedding was in Evergreen, CO which is about 30 miles north of Denver and was absolutely beautiful.  Lyle and Briana got perfect weather that day and looked just stunning!

015014

The Hannon family and then all the cousins together….

016017

Granny Annie was an amazing hostess and really seemed to enjoy the kiddos.   As crazy and exhausting as the trip was, I am so glad that we made it and that I was able to be there for Lyle’s wedding!  It was great to see all of our extended family too and enjoy a little cooler weather and beautiful scenery for a few days.

So thank you again to Annie for all your hospitality and to Reed and the Spratlens and everyone that helped make our trip a little smoother!  And a big CONGRATS to Lyle and Briana!

011018

2 comments:

  1. Love Granny Annie and her finger! Too perfect! Poor little pain in the butt Colbie :-). Don't worry I take your side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that Colbie was a little pain because misery loves company! Mine is a pain everyday! Oh, how do you do it with two!? And so brave of you to travel! Props to you Rams!

    You and your mom look so beautiful in the pictures! Of course, the kids are darling as ever!

    ReplyDelete