Wednesday, June 17, 2015

In Summer!

 

We kicked off this summer with Colbie’s second dance recital to a song called “In Summer” from her favorite movie, Frozen.  Here is my precious little Olaf!

053

My mom reminds me each year at recital time how happy she was when I decided to stick with gymnastics & give up dance and I see exactly why now!  The time commitments leading up to and the complete chaos and long days the weekend of sort of make me have the same wish for Colbie.  Yet, despite being completely overtired and cooped up for hours on end back stage, Colbie was trooper, loved getting all dolled up and couldn’t wait to show off her amazing skills on the “big stage!”  So glad she’s still in the age group where they’re still adorable even when don’t have a clue what they’re doing!

042054041056039

I think Becca has this same photo in reverse, with Colbie picking her nose.  Such classy little ladies! 

045049052

Just a couple weeks before dance recital, we watched G get “promoted” to 1st grade!  I went into the ceremony thinking this is so silly, they have graduations for everything now!  I ended up leaving there in tears!  I’m such a dork!  Just a mix of emotions I guess.  Grayson had such an amazing teacher and such an adorable little class.  It was so sweet seeing them up there singing with all their little personalities and then seeing them next to this sign.. Class of 2027!! WOW!  Just realizing how quickly this all seems to be going by.

019009014016

And then there’s this little guy!  Class of 2032?!  Most likely to be voted Mr. Nudy or Senior Class Clown! 

026022003027028067

Finishing my coffee while in line to get a happy meal….could we get any more nutritious! What a great mom I’ve become!  I think GG was two before he ever had a happy meal & it was a TREAT!  All rules go out the window with child #3!!

057035

Also Dada’s little helper!

032058031

Had a play date with Allysia & Lydia’s kids a couple weekends ago at Becca’s!  My oh my we’ve multiplied!!

024

My mom wrote a blog addition for me on Colbie-isms (since she tells the stories so well!), but she forgot to include Colbie’s new favorite word “funk!”  She tells me she’s heard it from the Bruno Mars song “Uptown Funk,” but strangely she’s used it in some entirely too close for comfort contexts!  My mom was taking her to gymnastics on her first day and Colbie was telling her that she was really nervous about getting up on the balance beam and didn’t want to fall off and says, Grammy, that might really funk you up!”  Why didn’t we name her Annie?!! 

002034

The projects around the house continue!  Blaine is working really hard at getting rid of the awful stickers and getting the grass to grow in the big yard.  So far he’s making lots of progress!  Here is our latest indoor project we did while G & C were at the beach for a few nights.  We painted and installed desk cabinets and countertops.  Gotta love DIY u-tube videos and Pinterest for ideas and instructions!

063004

Ninja warriors practicing their target shooting! All guests be on guard!  069070

Summer is in full swing!  It’s so nice to not have to pack lunches every am & rush the kids off so early in the mornings and just let them play around the house and be obnoxious!  Grayson & Colbie just finished a little football & gymnastics clinic through Parks and Recreation, followed by a few days at the beach with Grammy & Papa.  Now we’re all doing swim for a couple weeks and possibly a few movies at Harkins.  Before we know it, we’ll be off & running on vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment