Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Colbie-isms

006

Here is a little blog addition from Grammy, with Love! My Sweet Colbie, Free Spirited Girl of My Heart. She can drop you with her smile - or her words - which are usually far older than her years!

Walking into preschool she mentions the name of her little across-the-street neighbor - who I had just learned the day before, she had visited unbeknownst to her Mom and Dad - at 6:30 in the morning, bearing cookies!!Being Grammy I took the opportunity to deliver several cautions as to why that could have been so dangerous. At the first one, she dropped her head and looked very contrite. As I began #3 - she put her hand up in a "stop" motion, and delivered a drop dead "I GOT it!" I guess I WAS going on a bit...

Sitting on the couch looking at magazines with Grammy and Grayson. Colbie announces she is "Going to look for the right guy." Flipping the pages and commenting judiciously "No....No....No..." at each young male photo she came across,she got Grayson and me chuckling and we offered our own magazine hunks for her review. Her response -"No...No... - - Grammy? WHY is it SO HARD to find the RIGHT guy??!" Biting my lip to keep from laughing I told her I really didn't know why it was so hard - but a lot of girls ask that same question...

Packing for a trip, she wanted to help me choose what to wear for a more formal dinner. As I put on the first dress, she just gasps "oh Grammy - that is just...GORGEOUS!" Hard to argue with that reaction, but I put on my other possibility for her opinion and she studied me for several seconds before asserting with the most charming smile -"That's cute.......Maybe a little trendy!?" How does a four year old know from"trendy?" I hate it when they're right...

There are more from the past, and I have no doubt many more in the future but for now I'll share these three pearls from my funny, wise little four year old friend. How she makes me smile!
xoxoxo, Grammy

No comments:

Post a Comment