Sunday, October 26, 2014

Happy Fall!

Happy fall and happy to be healthy again! What a crazy couple of weeks.  After a few weeks of feeling under the weather and the entire house with colds and fevers, I somehow ended up in the hospital a yucky case of meningitis… fever, chills, sweats and definitely the worst headache and neck pain I’ve ever experienced.  After a positive spinal tap, the doctor then has to confirm whether it’s viral or bacterial (scary kind), so to err on the safe side, they put you in an isolation room and gown-up like you are an infectious disease case… kind of a freaky experience.  Thankfully, thankfully, it was confirmed the viral kind and I was able to go home and rest and recover.  Thanks to my parents for helping with the kids and for all the sweet wishes…. feeling much better now and very happy to be able to return to work this week and get back to our normal routine. 

070

When the temperature drops, this doesn’t keep the kiddos out of the pool!

048027

CANNOT believe this little dude is going to be a year old in just a week!!  Jed had another great check up with Dr. Stock last week in Phoenix…..we don’t have to return for another six months now!!  My mom was awesome to take my spot and go along with Blaine for his appointment, since I was stuck in the hospital.

030032036041

Lutes Take-over for Yuma Lutheran a couple of weeks ago.  My crazy Colbie… so rambunctious, stubborn and feisty one minute, and such a sweetheart the next.  We threw pennies in the fountain before taking the kids to Lutes and I know you’re not supposed to ask, but I asked the kids what they wished for.  Grayson wished for some magnetic toy he had just seen in a window and Colbie said she “wished for Mommy to be her best friend!”  I’m sure she did something to get under my skin seconds later, but she definitely melted my heart during that moment!

051052034

Best friends and worst enemies!

043045

The “boys” planted their garden again this year!  I love how Colbie needs to look the part too!

055047

St. Jude’s Trike-a-thon at Hand-in-Hand Preschool

059061062065

Pumpkin patch 2014!  Kinda crazy to think we were pregnant and in Phoenix this time last year.

074073069077081

Found our friend, Quinn to play with and star struck Colbie got to meet Queen Elsa, Ana AND Olaf!! OMG OMG!!  Colbie reminds me of Mary Katherine from the old SNL when she gets nervous or in this case, star struck.  She folds her arms, takes a deep breath, loses eye contact and becomes very serious.  I’m just waiting for her to smell her arm pits!!

082084

Warm hugs for Olaf.

085086

Climbing trees at a birthday party this am.

088

No comments:

Post a Comment