Friday, January 17, 2014

Two Month Check Up

Mr. Smiley had his two month appointment last week.  Jed is 23 1/2 inches, 12 lbs. and in the 75% for height and weight!  He’s smiling a ton these days, “cooing” and “gooing” and on the verge of laughing.  His colicky evenings are improving too.  He still makes us work a little harder in the evenings to keep him calm and doesn’t usually go down for the night until 9:30/10.  The good news is that he is sleeping a good 4-6 hour stretch and then another 3-4 hour stretch after that, giving me a little more rest at night.  Good boy!  We take him back to Phoenix this week for another follow up with his cardiologist.  We are excited to see how his eco goes this time and how everything looks, since he’s done so well over the past couple of months.  014

The sucky about the 2 month visit is all the shots he had to get :(  Poor guy was a champ!

021004002

Front yard fireworks for New Year’s Eve and a day at the park fishing with the family for New Year’s Day!  After two hours of waiting, the boys did manage to pull up this scrawny sucker!

006007008

Still sportin’ the blue eyes! I’m dying to see if they stay, as Grayson’s changed right around this time and Colbie obviously kept her bright blue eyes!

020013

GG is such a good big bro.  He is so gentle and loving and can always get Jed to smile!  He’s also a pretty good babysitter!  Ok, so I don’t leave him to watch Jed & Colbie while I go for a run, but every now and then when I’m trying to get dinner ready or just need a five minute break from holding and bouncing, my five year old is actually pretty helpful!

016

019

Loves his big sis! 

011

Also may be a bit scared of her too!  She’s pretty scary…don’t you think?!

017

Grayson started soccer again a few weeks back.  He’s made a total transformation from last year. Thank God!  Goodbye moody, clingy, cry baby…. hello speedy gonzales, can’t wait till game days and scored six goals first game!

018

We’ve also started Colbie back in dance class the beginning of this month.  She too has made a big transformation since the fall by going into the class without out clinging to me and paying attention well to Miss Moriah!  She is still so serious, but cracks a smile here and there when she thinks you’re not looking!  Now if I can just get her to pay attention to her Mama!!  That’s another post altogether! 

I was so proud of her fake bun!  Poor thing has pitiful fine hair like me and I have absolutely no skills when it comes to styling, braiding, etc., but I was able to give her an official ballerina bun with a fun new hair accessory!

004005

Everyone says he looks like Grayson, but I sorta see sister in him too.  May be a combo!013

022

Kimmie treated DeeDee, my mom & I to a pedicure for Christmas!  Even Miss Colbie got to join in on the girls day and got Hello Kitty toes!

029033034

It’s back to work for me on Monday :(  I will be back to my Monday, Tuesday schedule.  I am dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time.  I’m always anxious to go back after being away and don’t look forward to pumping again.  On the other hand, I couldn’t ask for better babysitters (Grammy & Papa, you guys are awesome!) and I am excited to have some adult conversation again.  Although it’s work, it will be a nice outlet and change of pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment