Thursday, September 26, 2013

Two more weeks :/

Grayson had his five year check up with Dr. Crawford last week and measured in at 44 inches, 44 pounds and an overall healthy boy!  I was feeling good until I took him in for his follow up dental appointment to learn that our healthy boy needs a pulpotomy, crown and 3 fillings :(  As his mother and a hygienist, I am feeling pretty ashamed!  The funny thing is, he really isn’t into sweets like his sugar monster of a sister is!  I am dreading her first appointment now :/ 

I took Colbie in for her second hair cut and she sat up in the chair like a big girl, staying calm and still for the stylist.  I hate to cut her hair, but it is so so fine (poor girl got my genes!) and with all the swimming this summer, it was a must!  She is still enjoying ballet, thanks to brother’s weekly support!  Since I last posted, the only boy in the class dropped, so Grayson has decided he no longer “loves dance,” but simply does it to be a good sport and help Colbie!  We’ll see… the kid actually has some moves and I think secretly, he still likes it!!!

This is from the beginning of the month… finishing off Grayson’s birthday cupcakes and showing off their black war paint as a result!

005

Haircut time!

008

Clinging onto brother for dear life!

003

Looks like we may have a front wedgie!

012014

Grayson’s been riding his bike (training wheels free!!) for the past week thanks to Yuma finally seeing some cooler days!  He sort of got the hang of it last spring, but due to our lovely Yuma summers, we really haven’t had the chance to go for any bike rides since then.  This past Sunday, it really seemed to click for him as he is now able to start, stop and turn by himself.  I still hold my breath every time I watch him take off, but so far, he is doing awesome and no major cuts & bruises!

Blaine & I had our final follow up appointments in Phoenix yesterday with the cardiologist and my ob before we go for our “extended trip.”  Our good friends, the Andersons, have been kind enough to offer their home to us during this time.  We took the trailer up yesterday to keep there for when the entire gang is up at the same time.  With the kids being kids as well as such early risers, I think it will be nice for everyone to have a little space and privacy.  We can’t thank Sandi and Donny enough for their kindness and hospitality and allowing the Griswolds to park their hillbilly “RV” in their beautiful back yard!  You guys are the best & we love you!!

Our appointments went pretty well.  No more major negative news on the cardiologist’s end, which makes our little guys a pretty good candidate for the least invasive procedure for this particular condition following delivery.  The procedure that he will probably be getting is called a radiofrequency perforation of his pulmonary valve.  Of course, they have to do a couple more echocardiograms once he is born just to be 100% sure.  We just pray that nothing changes at this point and that more importantly, our little guy responds well to the surgery and regains his strength surely and quickly.  The ob appointment went pretty well too, despite my spike in blood pressure.  The doctor agreed that most likely this was just a result of a LONG day (we had left at 4:30) and lots of sitting in the car.  Thankfully, he let us go home, as I promised to try to take it easy & visit the ob here a few times in between. 

It’s so crazy to think that we only have two more weeks here at home before it’s off to Phoenix now.  Still so much to do, pack and prepare before we leave.  I feel like our first two pregnancies sort of felt like an eternity and I couldn’t wait to get to my due date.  This one has gone by entirely too quickly and I keep wishing I could slow time down.  I of course can’t wait to meet this precious little miracle and just have to remember that it’s not on my time and it’s definitely not in my control.  As hard as it is, I have to remind myself to slow down, have faith, let go of the worry and put this all in God’s hands.  As a good friend told me, “Faith is not believing that God can.  It is knowing that He will.”  And something tells me He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment