Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Fun!

037

Well, my plans of adopting this little bird for a few weeks till it was strong enough to happily fly away do not seem to be working out the way I had hoped.  Mr. “Pecky” (no longer Mr. Fluffy according to Grayson) has become quite comfortable and attached to his surroundings here.  He has now learned how to eat on his own and can even fly some.  However, when Grayson takes him out of his cage to play with him, he seems to follow him everywhere and doesn’t seem too interested in wondering off.  It looks like we may be keeping this little pest, excuse me, I mean adorable little pet bird, a little longer than we had anticipated!

010014

Aside from Skyler and I, Mr. Pecky has made friends with everyone in the family….even Chasers!

015022

Giving him his formula….in his chonies, of course!

026

Miss Colbie has been up to a lot lately.  For starters, aside from being in a pull up at night, she is completely potty trained now and is doing awesome!  She’s been wearing her “big girl panties” for a few months and (knock on wood!), we’ve been accident free for at least 3 weeks! She’s also been sleeping in a big girl bed for some time and was doing great at first.  I totally ruined that; however, by letting her lay with Mama a few nights before bed during these last couple of months.   I didn’t realize the monster I was creating at the time, but we now have terrible melt downs every night and ridiculously long bedtime routines that, thanks to me, probably could have been prevented. 

Colbie is and always has been a little chatter box.  My mom always does great Colbie impersonations and reminds me  that I need to write down some of the cute things she says and the way she says things.  She loves to sing and dance and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for example is not twinkle twinkle…. it’s “up a bu bu.”  She also has a sweet heart and any time someone is upset or she just feels you need a compliment, these are some of her regulars she uses to cheer you up… “ I LOVE your skirt/dress/etc.”, “Happy Birthday!” and “Thank you for dinner!”  She’s done this for a while now and it always puts a smile on your face.  I could be wearing a ripped shirt covered in stains, cleaning up after breakfast and it’s clearly not my Birthday, but if it looks like I’m a little frazzled at the time (which is probably most of the time!), a little hug and “Happy Birthday Mama” usually does just the trick!

She continues to be such a little Mama and loves to look after her babies…. feeding them, changing them, reading to them…. and sometimes putting them in time out!  She has also become quite the little hair stylist lately and loves playing hair salon.  She has a little squirt bottle, a brush and a few hair accessories that she brings from her room.  She’s not bossy at all either!!!  Maybe I could learn a thing or two from her because I am horrible at hair!

008009

Singing another one of her favorites…. “All aboard the choo choo train!”

Little Mama

When we’re not playing hair or baby dolls, we are usually following brother around and copying whatever he is doing at the time.  I had to get a picture this particular day, because they both came out of the garage totally on a mission, wearing hats and Blaine’s safety ear muffs!

035036

We signed up for the Harkins Summer Movie program again this summer and have gone to a couple movies already.  This Wednesday was by far a lot more enjoyable than last week!  Grayson really enjoys movies, but Colbie still has a hard time sitting still for any period of time!  I guess Madagascar 3 was a hit for her!

We’ve also found some time to do a little mommy and me yoga with Molly and Maggie.  Becca and I agree that while this is something fun for the kids to do, it’s totally not the relaxing, stress-relieving yoga experience that we need!

011015

“Don’t wook at me Mama!”

019

Joe Cool sportin’ his new hat and shades!

005

Took the kids to see Rick, the Balloon Cowboy today at the library.  It was such a fun and entertaining show and Grayson even got to participate.  He was the dragon in one of his plays.

021030

Painting rocks last week.

033010

We also had our almost 5 month ultrasound yesterday!  We stuck to our plan and selected not to find out!  From what the tech could see, the baby is developing well and on schedule for a November 4th due date. 

img031img033

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend ahead.  We have a birthday party tomorrow for one of Grayson’s friends and then hopefully a quiet and relaxing Father’s Day weekend after that.  Happy Father’s Day to my own awesome Dad (and Papa!) and to Blaine, an incredible Dada to our growing family!  We appreciate everything that you Dadas and Papas do and I love you both with all my heart! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment