Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Place

I got to spend a few much needed days at the beach with the kids and my parents this past week.  For me, there is nothing more peaceful or calming about sticking your toes in the sand, breathing in that fresh salty air and watching the ocean waves crash on the shore.  Grayson has lost all fear of the waves now and dives right in, getting soaked head to toe.  Colbie is still getting used to the idea, but will stand knee deep with me, holding my hands.  It was an overcast day at Salt Creek on Friday, but the water was still warm enough to play in.

024023

Sleepy eyes sharing a little cuddle with Papa.

027

The kids wanted to take a little crab home that we had found at Baby Beach.  Sadly, he had crawled his way out of the bucket before it was time to head home!  Phew!

016020022

Being how much I love insects, especially ants, this is probably one of my worst fears come true!  Live ants in the house!  Yikes!!  We let our kids start their first real ant farm….. thanks to a semi-joke-gift from Grammy and Papa!  Blaine is super brave and captured and transferred the ants himself.  Although they are a pretty boring group of ants, the kids have really enjoyed watching them up close. 

002003

This is Mr. Bean being his goofy self!

005

Took the kids to Molly’s dance recital last weekend.  Molly was absolutely adorable and the kids really enjoyed seeing Molly and watching all of the dancers.  The following day, Blaine took Grayson to his 3rd annual D-backs game with Buddy and cousin, Seis.

004006

Grayson and Seis actually got to run the bases with a bunch of kids at the end of the game.

083

Colbie and I stayed home last Sunday and had a fun girls day!  Did a little shopping and played dress up with her first princess dress and accessories!  She wanted  to make sure I was included in the fun and made me where my St. Patty’s day tutu!  Luckily I don’t have a picture of that.

008

Had a hard time walking in these and getting her chubby little feet through the straps, yet she insisted on wearing them!

010

My little princess!

012

I left the kids with Grammy and Papa at the beach yesterday to come home for a fun date night and quiet house with my hubby and then of course, work tomorrow!  Luckily, a short week though and then back to the beach Tuesday night for our 4th annual 4th of July with the Andersons and Hollenbauch’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment