Sunday, January 27, 2013

Princess Chirp!

005
So we’ve been chicken sitting for the past week.  Not just any chicken mind you….we’ve had the honor of watching Miss Princess Chirp, our “dog walker’s” pet.  This is a  long story that goes back to this summer and I can only say so much because I don’t really know who reads this blog.  Yes, we’ve had a dog walker (Chase’s new best friend really) since last summer.  We were not looking for one….. I think she basically hired herself!  Sophia, a very sweet and unique 11 year old neighbor friend, loves animals and adores Chase and comes over several times a week to walk him.  Well, a couple of months ago, she asked me if we could watch her chicken while she was out of town.  I guess I said yes, sort of hoping she would forget or find someone else to chicken sit over the next several weeks.  She didn’t forget and we’ve had the messy pleasure of watching “Princess” for over a week now.  Sophia is a very dedicated pet owner too and gave us a meticulous list of chores that went along with watching Princess.  These included changing out her cage daily (which by the way was non-existent…..we ended up using Chase’s old kennel!), changing her food and water daily, giving her daily exercise (but be careful by the pool b/c she can’t swim!), baths on Wednesdays and feathers blown dry, as she is susceptible to the chicken flu.  If she does develop a cough, we must take her to the vet right away and she also told us where we can buy more food, as the amount she brought wouldn’t last.  Thanks to Buddy, who has several chickens of his own, we were able to get a hold of some more chicken food.  I told her that I wasn’t comfortable giving her chicken a bath and would call her if she got sick, but agreed to the rest.  Princess has really made herself at home here and the kids have enjoyed having her around.
003
Chasing after Princess and playing in their fort.
006
Daddy painting Colbie’s nails!  He actually did a pretty good job!
007
We took the kids to the Fun Factory last night and had a blast.  We rode the bumper boats and Grayson & Blaine road the go carts.  These two monkeys were wrestling here in the play area.
011016
Running around the miniature golf coarse.
018020
My parents had us over for dinner a couple of weekends ago and I still can’t remember why or how this happened, but my mom came up with this crazy sticky-marshmallow-hands-MESS, and Grayson was clearly enjoying every minute of it!
036
We took my parents out to the desert last weekend to celebrate my Dad’s 64th Birthday!  Aside from the wind, it was an awesome weekend.  Happy Birthday Papa!
038
Blaine showed us all how to shoot clay pigeons, and we all got one!!  This was my mom’s and my first time ever shooting a shot gun!
039040041044
Grayson got a chance to shoot his BB Gun.
046048051055056059
We’ve begun the potty training process with Colbie this past week, and so far, she is doing really  well.  Having already done this once before, I don’t have any huge expectations and realize that it’s not going to happen overnight, but I have to admit, it is really nice having only used 4 diapers since Wednesday!  She likes wearing her “big girl panties” around the house, wears pull-ups when we go out and we still put her in a diaper at night.  Way to go Miss Colbie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment