Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Marathons and more…

BG

I did manage to survive (just barely!) my first full marathon!  I the ran P.F. Chang’s Rock n’ Roll Marathon two Sunday’s ago along with two other girls that I work with.  This is me post race holding all of my free munchies and thanking God that I was still able to walk!  While my hips decided to completely shut down around mile 19, I somehow managed to shuffle (literally!) through the last seven miles and was totally brought to tears when I saw the 26 mile marker and realized I only had .2  to go!  So although I was shooting for a four hour finish, I was thrilled with my 4:10 finish, most importantly because I was exactly that…….FINISHED!   Big check mark on my bucket list! 

So onto some much cuter photos……. of Miss Colbie Elaine.  These are her one year pictures that we had taken in December and I think they turned out pretty cute!

lb5lb6lb7lb8d

Little Cowgirl!

lb2d copylb3d

Been super busy here since the marathon with all the usual….. work, kids, appointments and always some new project or repair with the house. Our latest conquest….ticks…..I know, YUCK!  We still don’t know where they came from, but we found a few on Chase recently, so we had to have the entire house treated, inside and out, along with Mr. Chasers himself.

Grayson did get to go with us to Phoenix for the marathon and it was awesome having him there to squeeze and hold  him at the end.  Colbie was unfortunately sick AGAIN (feels like the story of our lives these days), so she stayed here with Grammy.  I am happy to say that after another two weeks this round of constant coughing, runny nose and some fever, she seems to be turning a corner and hopefully NO MORE!  Poor thing has pretty much been sick on/off since October.  I wouldn’t normally say this, but I am actually looking forward to some warmer weather, hoping it will bring better health for our family along with it.  Aside from her constant illnesses, Colbie is as sweet, spunky and mischievous as ever!  She is really trying to talk these days and studies your mouth as you talk.  She clearly says Mama, Dada, uh-oh, no-no, night-night and that (sounds like “dat,” but we think she’s saying what’s that as she points to something).  She continues to favor ANYTHING Grayson has at the moment and likes to run and hide from you if she knows she has something she’s not supposed to.  The other day, she comes running out of the pantry with that naughty look and Grayson yells out, “Mom, Colbie has dog food!”  At that point, she starts running straight for the tent (yes, we have a tent set up in our family room!) and hides in there.  Grammy was here at the time and goes over to the entrance and says “Colbie, where’s the dog food?”  Without a fight, Colbie quickly hands over the piece in her hand, but looks like a little chipmunk with one hiding in each cheek!  Crazy girl!

Papa just celebrated his 63rd birthday last Sunday!  You would never know it when you look at him….he still plays softball, goes to the gym, and runs marathons and 1/2 marathons (he just ran the P.F. Changs 1/2 two Sundays ago).  Grayson asks him, “What’s your number?”  That’s how he asks how old you are when he finds out someone is celebrating a birthday! Happy Birthday Papa!  We love you!

3 comments:

  1. WOO-HOO! Colbie is going is going to be a spirited one! I can tell :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Michaela would dogfood at that age also. Actually, the ingredients aren't bad. Super cute photos!

    ReplyDelete