Thursday, June 30, 2011

6th Month Pictures

009

So Colbie’s six month check up was just a few weeks ago and she weighed just a little over 16 lbs. I just weighed her right now because I was curious and she feels heavier and she was just a few ounces under 18 lbs.!!! I don’t know how this is possible in only a few weeks, but she has been eating like crazy and sleeping a little more than usual lately, so I guess it’s fair to say that she’s been going through a little growth spurt! In fact in the last two weeks, Colbie has slept through the night twice!!! Once, from 7-5 and and another time 7-4 (close enough!) I don’t want to get my hopes up though because it’s not consistent and Grayson was well over a year before he was sleeping through the night.


Colbie is also scooting all over the place these days and VERY close to crawling. Yesterday I had her on the floor in her room and went out to the kitchen to get some things and found her 1/2 way down the hallway following me! She gets up on all fours and does this little back and forth waddle and then flops back down on her belly.


We have had a lot going on here lately. I threw Becca a little surprise Baby Shower last Saturday at Olive Garden. Maggie got a lot of adorable little things and now we all can’t wait for her to get here!


001


Colbie had her first official “play date” (with someone her age that is) last Sunday when we had some friends, Hayley & Anthony over for dinner and their daughter Quinn (who is just a month or so older than Colbie). The girls had fun together; however, I think Grayson may have felt a little left out Sad smile


018


I’ve been doing “toddler time” at the library with both Grayson and Colbie on Wednesdays and the Harkins summer movie program on Thursdays with Grayson. We also get to hang with Miss Molly and Becca! Grayson has really enjoyed the movies so far and does pretty well sitting the whole time…..aside from at least 1-2 potty breaks! In a couple weeks we will start Mommy and Me swim classes again, which I have both kids signed up for. I was bummed that I couldn’t get Grayson into the pre-school class since he has been doing so well lately in our pool. For the last couple of months he swims on his own with his little floaties and does awesome! Unfortunately, he will be just 2 months shy of being old enough for the Parks and Rec pre-school class.


DeeDee and her Great Granddaughter taken last Sunday at my parents for a Father’s Day brunch.


002


Getting ready for bed.


003008


Colbie continues to eat pretty much everything you offer her. She’ll even let Grayson feed her! It is so wonderful, especially having had one that was (and still is) the COMPLETE opposite. Grayson has gotten a lot better, but you still have to pull and arm and a let sometimes to get him to eat…..he is much more interested in playing and just being a little goofball! I’ve been making a lot of my own baby foods just because the Gerber foods are so limited and it is fun to let her enjoy a wide variety of foods. So far she had tried and liked everything from avocados, broccoli, green beans, zucchini, carrots, peas, cantaloupe, blueberries, pears, apples, bananas, prunes, peaches……and I’m still probably missing a few! I really can’t think of one thing I’ve offered that she didn’t like!


004005


Blaine’s been working non-stop (literally!) and hasn’t had a day off in over 3 weeks! However, watermelon season ends TODAY and I just work a 1/2 day tomorrow and then we are off to the beach for some cooler weather and a fun 4th of July weekend in Laguna! We are definitely needing a little vacation!


007011


Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Her 6 month pictures look just like Molly's (same background anyhow). Super cute!

    ReplyDelete