Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rollin' rollin' rollin'!

As the title suggests, we have quite the little gymnast on our hands! Colbie is now rolling all over the place (literally!), from both her tummy to back and back to tummy very easily and is already scooting herself around on her belly. No more leaving her on the couch or even in a bouncer without making sure she completely strapped in! I don't remember Grayson being this mobile this early. Maybe it's something about the second child....she just wants to catch up to her big bro! Or maybe I do have a little Mary Lou Retton on my hands! Regardless, Colbie has really transformed out of that tiny fragile infant stage and into the cute chubby baby stage overnight....at least that's what it feels like. Not only is she a little tumble weed, but she is a little chatty catty when you talk to her, she reaches for and plays with her toys (which consists of sucking on them!), and laughs and smiles all the time! Her sleep patterns unfortunately are still very inconsistent. Some nights, I only have to wake up once, but others I may be up three times with her. And as far as her naps go, she still seems to be more of a cat napper instead of taking 2-3 good long naps like Grayson did. Maybe this has to do with being the second child too. While a schedule would be nice, it really seems next to impossible right now! I guess I'm just learning to be a lot more flexible with the second child. Anyhow, enough rambling. Wanted to share a bunch of pictures from the past few weeks. I wish I could keep up with this blog more often, but finding a 1/2 hour here or there without interruption so that I can write about our crazy life is also a next to impossible task! I used to at least have Grayson's nap time, which I would sometimes use to keep up with this, but getting my little munchkins to nap at the same time is just not happening, so I am pretty much being demanded at all times these days. Last weekend, we heated up our pool and had my parents over for dinner. It was Colbie's first experience in the pool. While she loves her baths, she wasn't too excited about the water and only lasted about 10 minutes. Hopefully she warms up to it though, because summer is coming and I know we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool, especially since Grayson is a little fish!








Playing baseball with Grammy!






We also had the Goodwin and McIntier clans over on Sunday for some carne tacos and to take advantage of this beautiful weather. Molly was all tuckered out when it was time for her to go home and decided she'd rather just crash in Grayson's bed instead of going home for a nap! Grayson and his "older woman" Rebecca having a lunch date! Carter was all smiles with his new girlfriend! Becca, Colbie and Miss Maisy or Miss Maggie! Fair was also last week. Below is a picture taken from the Ferris wheel!


The weekend before last, Ryan had invited us out to the YPG museum. Grayson had a blast climbing on the tanks, checking out the missiles, and playing "bang bang" with his uncle Ryan! I think this last one just speaks for itself! If he's not "banging" something, he's usually in Mommy's closet trying on shoes! I know... two total extremes. That's just the way he rolls! Hope everyone has a happy Friday and GOOD LUCK to Michaela on her incredible 50 mile run this weekend! We will all be cheering you on!

1 comment:

  1. Can't stop laughing at the last picture! I love the look on his face with the folded arms...What a priss :-)

    ReplyDelete