Thursday, May 13, 2010

SHOOT!
















I'm glad I don't a have to label this post "Shit!" because I very well could be, but luckily, to our surprise, we've all been trying a little harder to watch our language around Grayson, and needless to say, "shoot" has become one of his new favorite words! Every time he drops something now, it's "shoot!" He will even throw something purposely on the floor so he can say his new favorite word. And he doesn't simply say "shoot," but he says it with some authority and frustration, just like his adult peers would be after they stubbed their toe! I shouldn't be laughing, but I think it's adorable!













Another funny little thing he's been saying now is "mommy hold you" anytime he wants up. And if he's in a good mood, he'll add a "peas" onto that! It makes perfect sense because anytime he gets an owie or is just tired, I'll say "Do you want mommy to hold you?" I just think it's so cute and neat how they learn language. He does this with a few other things actually. A few months ago, it would just be "Daddy or Mommy help" when he needed help with something. Now it's "Daddy help you peeeeeeeas!" And he will say thank you, which sounds like "tank you," again only if you catch him in a good mood. He's also more likely to say it when you don't ask him. A little like his mommy may have been at his age we might say.....everything is "by self!"

Grayson is definitely talking up a storm these days and surprising us with a new word or phrase every day. And he has enjoyed being "papa's helper" and "daddy's helper" lately with several new projects we've had going on around the house. The boy LOVES tools! For Easter my parents got him his very own sandbox. And as if that wasn't enough, Papa built one in his backyard as well! The sandbox has definitely been a hit these days, as Grayson loves anything to do with the outdoors, trucks and dirt! We also have a park close by, where he likes to go and feed the ducks and the turtles. We had a nice morning with Becca and Molly today at the park.....although temperatures a creeping up fast and we had to head back to her house before long to go cool off. Not looking forward to the summer!

Anyhow, tried to post a few pictures from the past several weeks. I have really been slacking lately in the picture taking department, and have no excuse, because I even bought a new fancy camera like Becca's a few weeks ago! I guess I was just hoping it even took the pictures for you too!
Lastly, Happy Anniversary Grammy & Papa! 38 years today! Soak up the beach for us all :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of him in the camo, he's such a cutie! Sorry you had such a hard time posting. Not that I'm an expert, but maybe next time we're together I'll try to show you some things I've figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about "Mommy hold you" because Landon does the same thing. You're so right about how interesting it is how they pick things up. I think Landon's sentence was "Mommy, me hold you." so sweet. Can't wait to see you guys next week and watch the 3 kiddos gibber jabber to each other and fight over toys while yelling "mine!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I forget to comment on the sonicare??? I'm so proud!!!

    ReplyDelete