Saturday, May 16, 2009

Better Late Than Never!




Well, I guess I'm the last of my friends to jump on the baby bloggers bandwagon! While Grayson is going on 9 months already, I figure it's better late than never! I have so enjoyed getting my weekly Landon updates this past year with the Burgess Baby Blog and now Miss Molly Mac has her own blog spot...so I'm starting to feel a little guilty for leaving Grayson out! Michaela, Dustin and Becca - thanks for the inspiration! I decided that if I have enough time to sit down and read my friends' blogs, then I have time to create one for Grayson & our family....just might take me a little while to learn how to use this. The Burgess Family has definitely set the "blogging standards" pretty high with their frequent & creative posts, so I hope I don't let you all down, as I may go a few weeks (maybe months!) between postings. This is a fun way to share memories and milestones with our friends and family, especially those that are out-of-town, so I will do my best to keep you all updated!

So, as most of you already know, Grayson is just a couple weeks shy of 9 months old already, and WOW, has it gone by in a flash! He hasn't had a doctor's appointment since his 6 month check-up, so we're not sure exactly how much he weighs, but according to our scales, he's around 19 lbs....pretty scrawny compared to his cousin Landon, but average according to the growth charts. He started crawling a couple weeks ago, but is still sort of doing an army crawl....using mostly his arms. He's definitely picking up his speed and gets around well, but hasn't figured out yet how to get his belly off of the floor! Grandpa Pops was happy to learn that he finally got some teeth so he no longer needs to make the little guy dentures! Grayson's first two teeth broke through on the bottom the end of last month and got a 3rd on the top this week... he sort of looks like Billy Bob with 3 teeth! He's doing well with the whole teething thing ....up a lot more throughout the night and a little irritable at times, but he's been in pretty good spirits the majority of the time. He's also saying Mama all the time now...ga-ga was first, then da-da, ba-ba, and now ma-ma!! Of course I don't think he knows that I'm mama, but it's fun to hear him say it! We've taken him swimming quite a bit already since it's been warming up and he's had a ball! He visited the beach for the first time last month and went on his first boating trip to the river last weekend. It's a good thing he loves the water! Well, that's about all the updates I can do for now, as Grayson has woken from his nap and is not allowing me to finish! We'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. Better late then never! I'm so excited! I really miss seeing the kiddos grow up so the blogs are really nice for us "out of towners". Cant' wait to get our Grayson updates now. The slideshow was awesome too. Nice job! See you soon - love you!
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog looks great Ramsey! Good to see that the entire "Bri Tri" is on here now.

    Grayson is getting big...we're looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

    -Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job ramsey! can't wait to see/hear more! :-)
    xoxo mariah

    ReplyDelete