Monday, April 15, 2013

BAILEMOS!!

The Morris Family got to attend a Quinceanera last weekend!  This was my first ever, so I didn’t really know what to expect.  Well, let me tell you…..these people know how to party!  I can’t wait till my next Quinceanera!  The Birthday “princess” was absolutely gorgeous, as was the entire event!  I had so much fun watching our kids tear up the dance floor with moves I’ve never seen before.  Grayson was also totally smitten with a much older little eleven year old girl!  Our kids are usually in bed between 8/ 8:30, but we didn’t even leave the venue till 10:15!  Yes, back in the day, this was usually about the time things just got started, but by today standards, this is a LATE night out!  But well worth it!

056

The tiny dancers wanted a picture with the “princess!”

058transparent-v118399849400043[1]

Here are the little Niño's tearing up the dance floor!

During the family video, Grayson & Colbie made themselves right at home with the Quinceanera party and parked themselves front and center to enjoy the show!

060

Another big event for all of us was my parents taking the kids to the beach for an entire week!  I’ve never been away from both of them for more than two nights in a row, so this was definitely another first!  Although I cried like a baby when they left, we both became rather comfortable with our “life before kids” lifestyle again!  Other than one night, we decided to eat out every night… just because we could and rarely do with the kids.  We did some must needed spring cleaning, re-arranging and re-decorating in our house. We made our fourth spare bedroom/office into a play room for the kids and I made some new pillows and decorations for the house.  Mostly, we just enjoyed being able to have a clean house for an entire week and being able to finish conversations without being interrupted every 5 seconds! 

I think the fact that the kiddos were having such an awesome time with Grammy & Papa also made it that much easier for us to relax and enjoy our quiet week alone.  Their days were spent either at the beach, the park, going for trail walks, making forts, the Ocean Institute or Farrell’s Ice Cream Parlour!  It really doesn’t get much better than that for a two and four year old!

Here are some pictures from their trip…

 143147153157161165167171174181179

Two additional random pics…..a park day and a cowgirl on the loose!

051003

Lastly, my heart and prayers go out to all those injured and affected by the horrible tragedy in Boston today.  I will never understand why things like this happen in our world.  All I know is that I feel awful for those suffering right now and am always reminded during times like these of how every day is truly a blessing and not to be taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment