Thursday, July 14, 2011

…And We’re Off!

001002


Colbie is officially crawling this week! And unlike Grayson, who did a little army crawl for the first couple months, Colbie went straight to crawling on all fours. And she pretty much has the swing of it now and will attempt to follow you anywhere. She’s also figured out how to pull herself up to a sitting position from her belly, so we’ve had to lower the crib, as she is a strong and MOBILE little girl!


007008


I had these pictures taken of the kids this month, mostly for my mom, since she bought this adorable dress for Colbie and loves the Fourth of July. I also wanted some nice pictures of the two of them together. I’m surprised they turned out ok, as we had one of our fabulous rolling-on-the-concrete-kicking-and-screaming tantrums outside of J.C.Penney’s before going in for our pictures. It all started over nothing really…...doesn’t take much to set the G-man off! When I was getting him ready that morning for his pictures, I was combing his hair and saying “you are so handsome Grayson…..we’re going to have to fight all those girls off!” Well, as most toddlers do and ESPECIALLY Grayson, we took this very literally and were deathly afraid of all girls after this, including the girl who he assumed would be taking his pictures……Thank God it happened to be a man! Anyhow, all things considered, I think they turned out pretty cute!


004


He is a funny little dude! He is really into dressing himself these days…..also a super fun and challenging thing to deal with! Most of the time (especially on the days that I’m home), I just let him pick what he wants or don’t give him too many options. Last night, the boys were getting ready to take a bike ride to feed the ducks and get some DQ, and this is what he came out wearing! Apparently he was prepared for some mud and rain and maybe some fishing along the way! Maybe a silly outfit for our climate, but I was impressed with the camouflage coordination! On that note, he’s also very attentive with what I am wearing and how my hair is looking…..and he is also VERY opinionated and totally indiscrete about it. He makes a face and tells me “I don’t like those pants” or “I don’t like your hair tangled” and approves once I fix things for his liking! He really likes dresses and doesn’t usually like my hair up (which is great since I have a “grabby-hair” 7 month old!)! Kinda scary….I know!


003


I think every mom feels this way at some point, especially with your first born!


006


One more thing I have to mention (since this blog basically serves as my baby book). As most of you know, Grayson has always been VERY attached to his “lovies” and has gone through several over the years. We couldn’t go to bed or go anywhere without his lovie for a long time….including school. I even got into making lovies for a while, since I was tired of buying them and having meltdowns when it was bedtime and we couldn’t find one or one was in the wash. Anyhow, I’ve just noticed lately that he seems to have outgrown his “wuuvies!” He hasn’t been taking them to school for the last several weeks or toting them around anymore. It’s just funny how little things like this make you realize how quickly your little one is growing up right before your eyes!

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Grayson in his outfit he chose for himself; he looks so proud. Meanwhile, Colbie is looking at him in the background like, "what the heck are you wearing?".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he looks perfect for feeding ducks. You never know what those ducks are capable of.
    I know that it was no fun to live through but that story about fighting off the girls is too funny...and classic Grayson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed Colbie's onesie "My mom doesn't want your advice" too funny!
    Also, I want you to let Grayson dress you some day and take a picture. I bet it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Colbie's onsie too. I needed one of those!! Love the pictures and G-mans outfit. Sorry he gives you a hard time about scrubbin' out. :-)

    ReplyDelete