Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What a Year!

Hard to believe 2011 is only days away! Looking at pictures from this Christmas just make it seem unreal how much has changed in only a year and how quickly this year has gone by. This time last year I wasn't even pregnant, and now we have a little boy and a baby girl and life is completely hectic and exausting right now, but we wouldn't want it any other way. Colbie really is an awesome baby...definitely more kick back and easy going than her big brother may have been :-) Sorry Grayson! She really doesn't cry much....just fusses a little and makes funny noises when she wants to eat, be held or be changed. Unfortunately, she has started to confuse her nights with her days, so I don't think I've managed to get more than 3 hours of sleep the past couple weeks. As wiped out as I feel at times, I just remind myself that this is only temporary (I hope!) and this too shall pass....only for a new challenge to arrise, right?! Grayson has been doing great....becoming even more attached to Daddy these past few weeks, as Blaine has really been awesome in helping out with Grayson's night time routine so that I can take care of Colbie and pick up around the house. While Grayson is still super sweet and loving with his sister, he is definitely a little spit fire these days and gets in at least 2-3 major temper tantrums a day....not sure if it's just the age or the big transition, or probably a little of both. I have to say those are almost more exausting to deal with than the lack of sleep.


Quick update on my mom. We received news a couple weeks ago that she does in fact need chemo. She will be starting treatments at Scripps next week. While we were all bummed with the news, we were grateful that at least we all got to spend Christmas together and realize that they are going with these aggressive treatments so that she will have the best possible outcome in the end. While I definitely don't want to see her go through this, my mom is a very positive and resiliant woman and I know she will surprise us all with her strength and optimism. We love you Grammy and we are with you every step of the way! xoxoxoxoxoxo


So we managed to get a Santa picture this year without crying! Having Mommy & Daddy both there may have helped a little! When Santa asked Grayson what he wanted for Christmas, he said he wanted a mouse?!

This was last year's! Classic!!


This was taken at Blaine's dad's house on the 11th. They hosted a grad party for Blaine & his sister Jessica, who both completed their bachelors degrees this semester! Whoo hoo! Grandma Susan & Buddy were trying to get a Christmas picture with all the grandkids...it was a bit of a challenge to say the least! Suckers saved the day when both 2 year olds were screaming!




Blaine is not a fan of the bows, but I really can't help myself! I have to endulge in all this fun girlie stuff while I can, because before I know it, Colbie will most likely be ripping it off or telling me "NO!"


Happened to catch a goofy smile!


Christmas dinner at Grammy & Papas


Our handsome little boy!


Christmas morning at our house.


Christmas was really fun this year. Being a little older, Grayson was definitely more into
everything. We left cookies and milk out for Santa the night before....of course, he then wanted his own plate of cookies and milk too! He would get so excited to open every gift and scored pretty well this year. Among some of his favorites were a BBQ from Grammy & Papa and a guitar from Uncle Ryan and Aunt Kimmie. We all got a kick out of him giving us all "salsa" with the pretend ketchup bottle when he was cooking for us.....that's a true Yuma boy!

Just some other fun pics.


Feeding the ducks at the park....or should I say, eating all the duck food instead!!


Yes, Grayson put these reigndeer ears on poor Chasers! He also likes to put baskets, blankets and whatever else he can find on his head! It's no wonder Chase has gone completely bonkers and ransacks the house when we leave! And yes, you may think we are crazy, but we did take Chase to the vet and have now started him on doggy Prozac. I can't say it's helping any yet, because he just tore up one of the screens we just had recently repaired. What are we to do?!



Love my "baby sister!" Have to share one cute story....a couple weeks ago, we had my parents over for dinner and my mom was asking Grayson how he liked being a big brother and did he like his new baby sister. He says "yea," in such a sweet voice and then pauses, giving my mom the scrunched eyebrow look and says "no take her home!" Just thought that was so sweet, because I would think most two year olds would be asking "WHEN is she going home?!"



Hope everyone is doing well! Here's to a Happy, Healthy 2011!!









1 comment:

  1. LOVE Grayson's shades!

    You are a blessed family and your mom will KICK this for sure! Our prayers are with her; my mother-in-law beat it and so can Marilyn!

    Hugs and Kisses and hope to see you soon! PS. will make Colbie some cute bows next week when things settle around here; who cares what Blaine thinks, they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete