Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer is flying by!



Just a few updates here. For starters, Ramsey Morris has officially caved in and joined the Facebook world, or as Kim put it.... "the Dark Side!" So now, I not only have this blog to keep up with, but I have to keep up with what all "my friends" are doing in the facebook world as well!! Balancing that with work, keeping up with all the cooking and cleaning & then taking care of a crazy 2 year old, I don't know how I'm going to manage! I mean, how do you guys do it?! All kidding aside, I am glad I joined and it will be yet another fun way to stay in touch friends, family and even some people that I haven't talked to in years.
So below are some pictures from the past few weekends. We had a wonderful 4th of July in Laguna. My mom & Sandi hosted the 1st Annual "Handerson/Hollenmorrisbach Family Reunion!" A little longer and harder to say than the McBurgorris, right?! Great food, fun and beach time was had by all.
Sharing a moment with his Aunt Kimmie!


Breaking poor Papa's back!


Playing football with Uncle Ryan




Last weekend, Blaine's dad "Buddy," and Blaine took him on his first camp-out to Lake Cuymaca up by Julian. After reading Michaela and Dustin's blog with Landon's first camping experience, I have to admit, I was sort of happy this was a "boys trip only!" Grayson has never slept anywhere other than a crib or a pack n'play, so I was curious to see how this whole tent thing would work out. Much to my surprise, Blaine said he had an awesome time, only waking a couple times in the night to say "mommy hold you!" Other than that, I don't think he missed me much! Between getting to drive Daddy's truck, fishing, roasting marshmellows and all to explore in the outdoors, he was a "happy camper!" Although they were only gone for one night, I think I missed him a little more than he missed me! However, I was really happy "the boys" (yes, even Chasers!) had a great camp out, and I in return, got to enjoy a well-needed day of R&R, did a little shopping & even got a pedicure!

Roasting a marshmellow in his jammies before bed!


Fishing with Buddy.
Wanting to carry his own world-famous Julian pie! "My do it" he would say!


Below are a couple pictures of Molly & Grayson from a month ago or so that I finally uploaded from my old camera. Their first official movie date (although Molly was SO over it after 15 minutes!!!). And the other is a picture taken at the Aquatic Center a while back.

"Let's hold hands!"



"White boy, you need some sunscreen!"

For whatever reason, these rain boots seem to be Grayson's favorite pair of shoes lately and are often the cause for a temper tantrum (that is if I insist he where something else!). This particular day, we weren't going anywhere so I was just fine with what he picked out!

In less than two weeks, we are headed to Laguna for some more beach time and then off to Kalama, Washington so see my Aunt Lizzie and her family. We are really looking forward to getting out of this dreadful heat and spending some time with family we don't get to see too often. After that, we may be taking another small trip to the white mountains and then before we know it, we will be celebrating Grayson's 2nd Birthday! Time is racing by way too quickly! Although that is fine by me for now because these are the Dog Days of Yuma and that means cooler weather ahead!
Hope everyone's doing well. And thanks Becca for your tips with posting pictures with the whole cut/paste in html. Made this one A LOT quicker & easier!




5 comments:

  1. I tell you guys...you have one smiley kid! I wish Landon would smile for pics the way Mr. G does.

    Glad to hear the camping trip was a success...I guess both of our boys take after their daddy's (I'm not much of a camper).

    Avoid the heat, enjoy the summer, and we'll talk to you soon!

    -Dustin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is so awesome that Blaine took "the boys" for a whole day ~ not sure if Chris is up for that challenge, yet. Great bonding experience and nice break for you!

    BTW you look beautiful in your 4th of July picture:-) Maybe you are having another boy because girls usually deform you and suck the beauty out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In answering your question, "How do you all do it all?"...we don't. Dustin and I both work in professions where 90% of our day is spent on the computer. Facebook is an easy "i don't feel like being productive" distraction. Dustin writes our blogs on his "down time" aka "I don't feel like being productive." And our house is only spotlessly clean when we know we have company coming over. :-)

    Love the new pictures. Annette is right, you look gorgeous in the 4th of July picture! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette, you crack me up! And Michaela, makes sense with your jobs...also makes me feel better! I definitely don't have that type of job, but would probably do the same as you guys if I did. And it's funny about the house....I seriously think it's harder to keep clean when you are there more often. I mop, vacume,do bathrooms, etc. EVERY Wednesday, & by Saturday, it's a complete wreck again! Having a toddler & a messy dog has a lot to do with it though too!
    BTW, your "tickle brushes" should be there by Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ramsey, I agree with what Michaela said. My house is always trashed too...I don't even bother mopping the floors unless I have company coming over since it will be dirty seconds after I mop ~ with a dog, toddler and husband...and the many "boys nights" that they have! I pick up the house when she goes to bed and that's all! I also have designated spots for stuff to keep myself organized (baskets, bins, etc.). Plus that is what closets are for, shove all of that stuff in there.

    In regards to the Blog and FB...I don't spend hours on-line, it is my break time. I can't get on at work...but you have to remember that I get a lot of time off. Plus, the Blog is my babybook in a way since I never started one for Miss Kate. It is easier for me to type than handwrite everything.

    I am glad that you joined FB though ~ great way for you to see all of the pics that we don't post on the Blog:-)

    ReplyDelete